Social Media Link Selected to Speak at WOMMA’s WOMM-U Conference, Featuring ConAgra Case Study
Social Media Link’s CEO, Susan Frech, and ConAgra’s Social Media and Experiential Manager, Abby Penich, were selected to lead a session at the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) conference, WOMM-U, educating marketers in “Leveraging Facebook Fans to Create Advocacy and Measure Influence.”
SML and ConAgra presented key findings and insight into the 2011 case study of PAM Cooking Spray’s influencer program with Smiley360, SML’s influencer marketing platform. During the session, SML and ConAgra shared the process in which PAM Cooking Spray leveraged the Smiley360 platform to activate their own Facebook fan base.
With more than 59% of consumers “liking” a brand on Facebook in the past six months and only 1% actually interacting, many marketers struggle with how to leverage the fan bases they’ve spent the past few years developing. Many brands are now asking themselves, “Do I really know who is in my brand’s community and how to measure their influence?”
PAM’s Facebook fans were given a special invitation to join the Smiley360 program, and sent an exclusive “dinner kit” to put PAM Cooking Spray’s new formula to the test. Fans then used the Smiley360 suite of sharing tools to post to their most preferred social networks, giving the PAM brand access to important insight and data into sharing behavior and consumer characteristics or their own fan base.
Key Takeaways from SML’s presentation
- Not all Facebook fans have the same level of social media experience. Segment consumers and customize the messaging and engagement.
- Educate consumers on how to share and why to share.
- There are 300+ social networking sites consumers engage in; give consumers access to their most preferred social networks and make it easy to share.
- Bringing value to advocates to share with their social networks increases pass-along and viral sharing.
- Grow and learn. Use your learning to foster deeper consumer relationships and identify your biggest influencers.
- Ongoing Engagement. Reward your top influencers, while cultivating others in your community to become advocates.