About Social Media Link
Qualifications & Qualities
POSITION TITLE: Community Manager
REPORTS TO: Director, Community Engagement
LOCATION: New York City
About Social Media Link
Social Media Link is a fast growing tech-enabled marketing solutions company in New York City. Since 2009, we’ve been about connecting brands with consumers and amplifying the power of the consumer voice. Through SML’s solutions, brands can easily connect with influential consumers and activate reviews, user content and recommendations that drive awareness and purchase. SML is proud to work with clients like Unilever, P&G, Church & Dwight, Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Pfizer, NBC, Kimberly Clark and more.
We’re innovative in our technology, passionate about our clients and community, and we’re a pretty fun group too. SML offers a great company culture where employees have the opportunity to make an impact among a growing team of passionate people who work hard, help each other and have fun.
Social Media Link is looking for a full-time experienced community professional to join our Community Management Team. This role will assist with growth and engagement for all communities hosted by SML’s technology including Smiley360.com, Seventh Generation’s Generation Good and Snuggle’s Bear Den. This candidate will have a passion for building and connecting, and is always looking for creative ways to galvanize brand communities. This candidate must be willing to bring new ideas for engagement, loyalty and advocacy. You are a team player who is passionate about growing and nurturing different branded communities. 2+ years experience required, preferably working to shape collaborative communities and engagement strategies.
As a Community Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Be a key player in contributing to the success of all our client communities and programs
• Strategize ideas on how to engage community members and solve problems, and then implement those ideas
• Work on new projects to help nurture and grow the community in both quantity and quality
• Manage social media accounts for Smiley360 (combined total fan base of over 200,000) and regular online events ("Twitter Parties") for our clients
• Engage one-on-one with community members to help respond to their requests and feedback
• Advocate for the community and escalate their issues as needed
Qualifications & Qualities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; will be required to correspond with community members on a daily basis
• Strong ethic of teamwork and collaboration
• You’re attentive to detail, organized and reliable
• You’re savvy with using online software and social media tools
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
• A problem solver that gets stuff done
• A “big picture” understanding of the role a thriving community plays in the business
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
Senior Full Stack Developer – Ruby on Rails, Angular
(Local NY Metro Candidates Only)
Social Media Link (SML) www.socialmedialink.com is the leading influencer and advocacy activation company that amplifies social media conversation for brands. We make it easy for brands to activate impactful and trusted reviews and recommendations across social media, triggering action and leading consumers through the path to purchase.
SML provides two solutions to national consumer brands and their agency partners through Smiley360.com and Vesta.
Smiley360.com is a social community for influential people who love to share brand experiences. The community of over 600,000 influential consumers enjoys sharing feedback about new products, services, exclusive offers, experiences and video content across the social web through SML’s propriety web application. Marketers utilize Smiley to mobilize targeted consumer influencers to experience their brand and share reviews and recommendations with the large social audiences that they influence. SML’s proprietary Single-Click SharingTM technology makes it easy for consumers to feed reviews to their most preferred social networks in one place, giving brands enormous exposure in social channels from passionate consumers.
Vesta is SML’s white label, SaaS advocacy community platform that allows marketers to build and cultivate their own communities of brand advocates and to drive influential consumer conversations at scale. The Vesta platform includes sophisticated survey and segmentation functionality and comprehensive analytics that prove ROI.
Since 2009, we are proud to work with clients like Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, Church & Dwight, Reckitt Benckiser, NBC, Campbell’s, BIC, Pfizer, Sears, Kmart, Ogilvy and Edelman.
This is a really great opportunity for a Full Stack Web Developer interested in working with the future of marketing. We are a startup company, but we are profitable and growing. Innovation is valued here. You will have to be independent and capable of providing value to the team. You will be modifying and improving our cutting edge social media marketing platform to help people discover new products and cultivate brand excitement.
You will need to work in our office in Manhattan but may have the option to work remotely as needed. We use Ruby on Rails, Angular, Redis, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, AWS, social networking APIs, elastic scaling techniques, and other technologies too. It's a small company environment, so your opinions and hard work will be noticed and valued. We do not have a dedicated DevOps or deployment role, so experience in these areas is a plus. We are currently in the process of absorbing full control over the application from a 3rd party, so you will be improving and working with some legacy code.
● Ruby on Rails 4
● social networking APIs
● elastic scaling techniques
● other technologies for testing, monitoring, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Software development skills commensurate to the position; knowledge of Ruby on Rails and front end frameworks.
● 3rd party web APIs
● experience with SaaS platform
● innovative mind, willingness to learn, independent thinking.
● continuous integration
● cloud deployment (AWS, Heroku)
Please submit your resume and any Github links with the subject line: Local NY RoR Developer.