POSITION TITLE: Sr. Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Client Operations
LOCATION: New York City
About Social Media Link
Social Media Link is a fast growing tech-enabled marketing solutions company in New York City. Since 2009, we’ve been about connecting brands with consumers and amplifying the power of the consumer voice. Through SML’s solutions, brands can easily connect with influential consumers and activate reviews, user content and recommendations that drive awareness and purchase. SML is proud to work with clients like Unilever, P&G, Church & Dwight, Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Pfizer, NBC, Kimberly Clark and more.
We’re innovative in our technology, passionate about our clients and community, and we’re a pretty dynamic group, too. SML offers a great company culture where employees have the opportunity to make an impact among a growing team of passionate people who work hard, help and challenge each other and have fun.
Social Media Link is looking for an experienced Sr. Account Manager to join our Account Management team, with a specific focus on our SaaS (Software as a Service) Advocacy Community Platform. The ideal candidate has experience working directly with clients: CPG brand managers, promotion managers and their agencies, as well as a full grasp of the digital and social media landscape. Social Media Link offers marketers unique solutions to drive consumer engagement and brand advocacy across social media.
This position will work directly with our brand clients using our Smiley360 community and our SaaS platform, Vesta, to manage and engage a brand-owned online community. Daily activities include on-boarding new clients, strategy planning, creating and deploying community activations (surveys, discussions, advocacy programs) on behalf of brand clients. This is an amazing opportunity for a motivated individual to help drive success and innovation for our fast-growing Vesta platform.
• Develop understanding of Social Media Link’s solutions, methodology and technology to help create strategies, tactics and best practices for client success (Smiley360 Clients & Vesta Clients)
• Responsible for client success, providing key strategic directive and insights and assisting in the renewal process
• Ability to shift between executional and strategic thinking, and enjoys both big picture thinking, comprehending overall objectives and translate it into tactical solutions
• Work in partnership with Sales, Community, Insights and Tech teams internally to represent the voice of the customer, foster flawless execution and interdepartmental workflow and collaboration
• Handle day to day customer requests and issues thoughtfully and promptly, soliciting feedback
• Practice effective communication skills in person, on the phone and via email
• Responsible for key customer success metrics
• Limited travel to client locations
• 3-5 years of client-facing account management, project management and/or community management, ideally at an agency or SaaS product company
• Proven success with brand strategy planning and campaign execution
• Experience managing multiple projects at once under tight deadlines
• Excellent grasp of social media channels and influencer/advocacy marketing
• Experience growing strong client relationships that show comprehensive understanding of business needs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to quickly establish respect and trust
• Exceptional project management skills, with strong performance in planning, setting expectations and meeting commitments
• High energy; highly productive with strong self-starter initiative
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact with senior executives
• Thrives in a fast paced, evolving environment
• Strong business acumen and morale compass
• A problem solver that gets stuff done